Scroll down for a pronunciation guide.
Name: Galiana “Gal” Ribeiro Franco
Identity: cisgender female
Birth Date: 19th of September
Height: 1.62 m
Hair: thick cinnamon brown waves that fall halfway down her back
Weight: 54 kg
Complexion: deep terra-cotta with warm bronze undertones
Specialty(ies): charms, counter-jinxes, chloromancy, potions and antidotes
Greatest fear: being used
- learning new skills
- reading ahead in class (she’s that student)
- manga, web comics, and fan fiction
- baking/trying new recipes
- watching vloggers and fan theorists on Nethru (occult version of YouTube)
- vanilla (bleugh)
- loud music
- dirty dishes
- recipes where the author tells you their life story beforehand
- making mistakes
- being called Velma
1. Galiana is the daughter of Gilberto Franco and Zilda Ribeiro, two of the most intelligent witches of the Serafim Coven. Nowadays it’s common for witches to create pacts with other families in the coven, ensuring that two members of both lineages have a child without entering a marriage. Gilberto is homosexual and Zilda is on the asexual spectrum, so they used a surrogate.
2. Since they were raised together, Gal’s parents are best friends and are equally involved in her upbringing. However, they are also high-ranking L.O.R.E. seekers, so she has lived with her maternal grandparents since she was very young.
3. Galiana’s grandmother is Rebeca Meireles Ribeiro, a renowned healer who created 100% plant-based potions and antidotes to protest animal cruelty practices among witches. She incorporated potion experiments in her curriculum when she taught Magick Essentials at AOA. Vó Beca personally tutored Gal in her massive greenhouse.
4. Gal tells those who ask that oleanders are her favorite flowers; her actual favorite flowers are Griffinia nocturna.
5. The Ribeiros and the Serafims are notoriously close; Galiana and Gerardo were inseparable throughout their childhood, but began drifting apart after he entered his sixth year. When Gal tried to confront the preteen about his distant nature, Gerardo claimed it was born from his need to focus on his studies.
6. Gal’s a nervous baker–her queijadinhas are to die for!
7. She achieves ultimate levels of Zen by tending to the plants while listening to pink noise.
8. Gal met Sage during her freshman year; she was initially surprised that such an athletic witch would be interested in botany, but warmed up after the two were paired for a project. Their friendship blossomed over flowers and anime.
9. Her familiar is a raposinha-do-campo, or hoary fox, named Cajuzinho. They met one evening when she caught him chasing a rat from the garden. Gal occasionally sneaks guabiraba for the pair to snack on when Vó Beca isn’t looking.
10. Gal’s crush on Massimo Quercini has gone unnoticed by the witch head, mainly because she merely catches glimpses of the upperclassman from afar.
Notes on Pronunciation:
Galiana = “gah-lee-ah-nah”
Ribeiro = “hee-behy-roh”
Franco = “frahn-koo”
Gerardo = “zheh-rah-doh”
Gilberto = “zheew-beh-toh”
Zilda = “zeew-dah”
Serafim = “seh-rah-finn”
Rebeca = “heh-beh-kah”
Meireles = “mehy-reh-leez”
Vó Beca = “voo-beh-kah”
Queijadinha = “kehy-zhah-jeen-yah”
Raposinha-do-campo = “hah-poh-zee-nyah-doo-kahm-poo”
Cajuzinho = “kah-zhu-zee-nyo”
Guabiraba = “gwah-bee-rah-bah”
Want to show your support?
Make a one-time donation
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount
Your contribution is appreciated.Donate
Donate with PayPal
Leave a one-time $1 donation using the security of PayPal. Feeling generous? Use the quantity box to send your desired amount of donations!
Or visit this page to see all the ways you can support this blog!
Follow my blog for more character bios!
Mommy of two ☆ Witch without a coven ☆ Founder of the Sisters of the Shadows ☆ Professor of Charms & Incantations I & II and supervisor of The Arcane Citizen, a student-run newsletter for the Academy of Occult Arts ☆ My web series are now available at https://vocal.media/authors/natasha-penn ☆ https://linktr.ee/nattypenn for all social/support links
☆ Avatar by @oveikeii on Twitter/IG ☆