Name: Imani Boukama
Identity: cisgender female
Birth Date: 28th of February
Height: 1.57 m
Hair: waist-length, ebony black, usually worn in braided or twisted locs
Weight: 49.9 kg
Eyes: chocolate brown
Complexion: smooth sepia with warm golden undertones
Specialty(ies): climbing, camouflage, night vision, enhanced leap and balance
Greatest fear: being written off as a space case
- watercolor, pastels, allegory
- meeting other creatives
- seafood, fruit, fufu
- jogging, running at dawn
- romance novels, dramas, coming of age stories.
- charcoal sketches (so messy)
- hunting (it’s the 21st century ffs)
- crying in front of others
- judgmental people
- horror, thriller, dark comedies
1. As the only daughter of Vianne and Percival Boukama, Imani is their pride and joy. They encourage her to socialize with the elder girls of their tribe in hopes that their extroverted personalities will rub off on their shy cub. Werelions typically only have one or two offspring and practice polygamy; in other words, Percival is mated to at least one other adult werelioness in the pride. This is not uncommon among the mortals in the city of Bangui, so the pride fits right in.
2. Imani’s on the academy’s track and field team and is a member of the Art Club. Her specialties are 300 meter intermediate and low hurdles, watercolor paintings, and expressionist illustrations of landscapes, still life, and the occasional portrait. She also knows how to carve figures and designs from wood, but it’s not her preferred artform. Imani could join the Honey Bees dance team if she so desired–she’s a gifted dancer and just lets the music take over–but she’s far too shy to give herself the chance.
3. She has a crush on Aslan Theron of the Hopetown Pride, a senior and the werelion heartthrob sought after by every werelioness on the continent. He’s also in track and field, but she’s never spoken a word to him due to her overwhelming bashfulness. She’d never admit her feelings to her peers, though, as Ife Nzoussi (her pride’s eldest and strongest werelioness from Bangui) has her sights set on him. As such, Imani’s given up on pursuing Aslan beyond her imagination. While he could choose to be both of their mates, she isn’t sure she’s willing to go along with the werelion lifestyle.
4. Weekends are spent partying! Spa days, girls’ nights, and karaoke! Imani can’t carry a tune to save her life, though. She tends to sit out of karaoke for that very reason, and Ife, Penjani, and Sekai tend to tease her for it.
5. Her closest friends outside of the pride are Sebaysha, Whitney, Glenda, and (much to the displeasure of her pride) Thema Mbouta, a werehyena from a local cackle. Both girls came to respect the other’s distinctive art style and preferences their freshman year, and they’ve been besties ever since.